1. Use of Site
This Website and the content are provided "as is". We assume no responsibility in connection with your use of the Website, the services or the content provided herein. You may not distribute, modify, republish or publicly display any of the content or services unless you have the prior written permission of Super Channel.
2. User Conduct
You agree that you will not:
- interfere with or disrupt the Website, the services, the content, servers, or network connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Website, the services or the content; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable municipal, state/provincial, national or international law.
The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other Websites or resources. We have no control over such sites and resources. You agree that Super Channel does not endorse nor is responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials or information on or available from such sites. You further acknowledge and agree that Super Channel shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
5. Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that:
- the content, including, without limitation, news articles, press releases, statistics, photographs, images, illustrations, information, audio and video clips, is the property of, or is licensed by, Super Channel;
- any necessary software used in connection with the Website contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws and is either owned by or licensed to Super Channel; and
- content contained on the Website or information presented to you through the Website and any services or content provided to you is protected by copyright, trademark, services marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
- Except as expressly authorized by Super Channel, you agree not to reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, copy, publicly display or otherwise use the content, the services or any derivative work based on the information you have gained from the Website or the software in whole or in part. You also agree not to modify the software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the software.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions
You expressly understand and agree that:
- the Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis;
- Super Channel makes no warranty that (a) the Website, the services or the content will meet your requirements, (b) the Website, the services or the content will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or (c) the results that may be obtained from your use of the Website, the services or the content will be accurate or reliable; and
- any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website or the services is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Super Channel hereby disclaims such warranties.
7. Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that Super Channel shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the Website, the services or the content;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Website, the services or the content;
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements posted by, or the conduct of, any third party on the Website, the services or in the content, including, without limitation, the posting or transmission by third parties of defamatory, offensive or illegal material; or
- any other matter relating to the Website, the services or the content. This limitation of liability applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury caused by any error, omission or other failure of performance by Super Channel, its affiliates and business partners; any interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission, including communication line failure; any computer virus; and any theft, destruction or alteration of, or unauthorized access to or use of, any electronic records.
8. Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. In connection with this policy, Super Channel will not knowingly post content or other works of authorship that infringe the copyrights of others. If you believe that a work of copyright has been copied in any way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information:
- the name of the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- a description of the work you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
- a statement by you that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or the authorized agent to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Super Channel Website for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- There may be links available on the Website, or from communications you receive from the Website, to third-party websites or features. There may also be links to third-party websites or features in images or comments within the Website. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Super Channel is in no way responsible or liable for any third-party services or features available through the Website. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Website.
We recommend that you review this policy in its entirety and revisit it periodically, as it may change from time to time.
1. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
We will identify the purposes for which we collect, use or disclose personal information at or before the time of collection. The purposes will be limited to those related to our business and to those that a reasonable person would consider appropriate. In most cases, these purposes will be clearly identified in writing. In other cases, depending on the circumstances, the purposes will be implied. For instance, when you sign up to receive a "Super Channel A-List" eNewsletter, you implicitly give us your permission to use your personal information to administer and deliver this service to you. If we intend to use this personal information for purposes not previously identified, we will identify this new purpose before such use.
We will obtain your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information except where inappropriate. How we obtain your consent will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. We may seek your consent orally or in writing.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
. Please note, however, that withdrawing your consent to some of the contemplated uses may render it impossible to continue to provide a service which you have currently requested.
3. Information We Collect and Use
We collect your personal information in a number of different ways. For instance, we collect information from you when you sign up for our A-List eNewsletter, register for one of our contests or promotions or complete market research studies conducted by us from time to time. We also collect your information when you post a comment, submit an inquiry, make a purchase or subscribe to a product or service from us. We may also collect your personal information when you request information from us to process a complaint that you have registered with us. For the most part, the type of personal information we collect from you includes the following: name, email address, gender, age, phone number, television/cable service provider and other contact information and personal preferences (when applicable).
We will limit the amount and type of personal information collected from you to that which is necessary for the purposes we have communicated to you. Further, we will retain your personal information only for so long as is necessary to fulfil our stated purposes.
Upon receiving proper consent from you, we may wish to include your email address in our email list to create a “Lookalike” audience. A “Lookalike” audience on Facebook allows us to reach out to more people who resemble our established client base. A lookalike audience uses either an existing custom audience or conversion data (conversion pixels) as a "seed" and an audience is built of similar users. Lookalike audiences can be used to support certain business objectives, such as: fan acquisition, site registration, or simply to drive awareness to our brand.
In addition to cookies, we may use the following collection methods: third party cookies, pixel tracking, track location, beaconing, advertising networks and Google Analytics. We may use these methods, as well as collect and use your IP address or domain name, to tailor your experience or to assess the amount of traffic on our site.
Our Site contains links to other third party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content on such sites.
4. Use of personal information
We may use your personal information in any of the following ways:
- To provide you with services or information that you have requested from us. This would include the A-List eNewsletter services, contests, promotions, subscription and package details;
- To manage your A-List account;
- To better understand your interests or preferences, so that we may recommend particular products, offers or services that are consistent with these interests and preferences;
- To conduct market research; and
- To process customer complaints and feedback.
5. Disclosure of personal information
Except as set out below, we will not sell, rent, transfer, or disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent:
- We may disclose certain personal information to third parties solely for the purpose of administering, processing, or fulfilling an order or service you have requested on our behalf. We will insist that any such third parties maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we provide them and to implement appropriate safeguards to prevent its unauthorized disclosure; and
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You can help protect the security of your personal information as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your account or registration information. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using any of the Super Channel Sites or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
7. Access to Your Information
We will give you access to the information we retain about you. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. Upon your request, you shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we will look after your request.
or by mail at:
200-5324 Calgary Trail NW,
Edmonton, AB, T6H 4J8.